Sunday, January 23, 2011

The Dead of Winter..

Well folks,
My friends encouraged me to blog again, and I wondered why i had stopped..hmmmmm.
I truly had good intentions, as Halloween approached. As you know, it is my favorite time of year. It drives me crazy when people ruin it with looming, plastic dorky decorations... My niece, Dixie, told me on the day she found a great wedding dress to shed for her daughter's costume, that she was glad her kids like to celebrate Halloween with gore and scary stuff..  I think she is healthy.. I don't like the evil kind, as i believe in evil, and really don't want it around.. Halloween is supposed to ward off evil, encourage all living things that passed over the summer to Rest In Peace...Halloween arrived very quietly this year- a downpour of torrents and hardly any Trick-or-Treaters-( . I love the kids at the door, because it gives me a chance to connect with my neighbors whom I will rarely see in the next 5 months...the dads with kids on their shoulders, the teens with pillowcases, and all my Grand Nieces and Nephews who make the stop at our house to mostly say Hi to their Uncle Jess, and the Moms have wine with me-)...

Kids Celebrating at school..
But then it was over...I was strangely sad and nostalgic...it was here..time to withdraw....and I did.. Jess was injured, and this has been a fortunate life changer for us....really very cold and brown. I found myself with big sweaters, kids finding their way into my heart and dreams every night...and meetings-always meetings, to help spur the lessons along.

Hiking at school


Thanksgiving came at Krissy's (it gave her a chance to use her lovely Wedding China)..

.she couldn't eat much...found out she was newly Pregnant! yeah we are going to be Grandparents....Then the worry began...so I put her at the top of my list of nightly worries and prayers to stay healthy- hope the vitamins don't get puked back up- and that all is well- all well..Christmas arrived with Jess still in slings and bandages, quiet time with Krissy and Dan-

fun shopping for-dare we do it- baby things...but for sure Mommy things...So as the New Year arrived, Jess is now keeping house- AND IS THE BEST AT CLEANING- EVER-the dogs follow him everywhere, the parrot has learned to call out 'Go, Go' whenever ESPN SHOUTS OUT-DA, DA,DA...



Jess drives me to work, so i can relax enroute, and we have begun our new year as GYM RATs! That is right, GYM RATS- we cannot ski or ride outside- which is why we love the mountains...but we have made new friends in Jess' Physical Therapy. They have been a blessing I cannot describe. Jess looks forward to each PT session, even though it hurts like crazy and he is so tired afterward. I have joined him- so we are now in Couples Therapy-) We stretch, reach and abduct together. No lifting or above the head stuff. There are cute, huge and sweaty guys at one end of the gym who POWER LIFT- THUMP-UGH!  I have to sneak between them to find my weights (1lb)..Jess' is pink. He cannot believe it has come to this- ha ha!!  He(we) is(are) making progress, and falling in love with being old (er) together..


No comments:

Post a Comment